48 hours later, the vanity and dresser are complete! It’s the fastest project I’ve done, and I’m really happy with the results. I still have a few side projects to finish for the vanity.
The color is this perfect black that looks blue or gray when the lighting changes. It’s updated without being fussy.
I still have a few touch ups to complete. You can see here that the edges of the drawer and the inside trim are unfinished. I intentionally left them unpainted, but realized after putting them back in the pieces that the edges don’t quite line up. So it’s back to the edging brush today.
The banged up edges give it a lived in feel, and these would be perfect in a kid’s room with one side painted with chalkboard paint.
- Tutorials from Knack Studios
- Valspar Lincoln Cottage Black paint (4009-2)
- Minwax Paste Finishing Wax
- Avoid Minwax finishing wax. Use Fiddes, even though it costs twice as much and has to be shipped in from the UK.
- Wax really is an amazing finish, and my new favorite.
- Don’t skip steps or rush through important prep work. I rushed through filling holes and had to re-do them after it was obvious they wouldn’t be covered enough.