White Lightning Chili
adapted from Rachael Ray
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white kidney beans
- salt, to taste
- Chop the yellow onion.
- Seed and mince the jalepeño pepper.
- Mince the garlic.
- C hop the cilantro.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a deep skillet or pot. Cook the chicken 5 minutes each side, flipping only once. Remove from pot and cut into 1/2″ cubes.
- Put chicken back into skillet and add onion, pepper, garlic, cumin, hot sauce and cilantro. Stir to mix in seasonings and cook for five minutes until onion is soft.
- Add chicken broth and beans. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and let simmer until serving.