Simple Basil Pesto
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1 cup
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients excluding olive oil into food processor. Begin processing at high speed.
- Pour olive oil in a thin stream into the top of food processor. Process until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrap down sides.
Pesto can be stored in fridge up to five days. Freeze or can pesto to keep longer. Reduce the olive oil in half and up the parmesan to 1 cup to make a thicker pesto that can be used as a party dip. Excellent on wheat crackers!