It’s been a week and a half since my first post on organizing goals. I thought I would post a check up for my own use.
- Pictures & Kitchen – We haven’t started these projects because the studio and closets were our first priority.
- Studio & Office- We went crazy at Target buying a lot of bins for our bookshelves. About 80% of our supplies organized, and I’m currently cleaning out my bins of scrap paper. Because we’ve reduced so much on our bookshelf, we put two extra baskets into use for collecting receipts. One basket is business, the other is health. I’m really bad at keeping our FSA account up to date, and I’m hoping this will help me. We also went through our books and listed those that we won’t read again on Half.com. I’ve already made $10!
- Closets – We went through both closets in the spare bedroom and reorganized. One closet is now a combination of things we need to sell and keepsakes that need to be gone through and appropriately stored. The other is full of things we need to keep. We have them organized on the left and right side and are hoping to have a garage sale in March to get rid of everything.
- Bathroom – I’m going to call this goal complete (for now). We’ve gone through the medications and straightened it up. That’s about all we can do in a rental for now.
I’m hoping to get our studio and office in great shape by the end of the weekend. My mini-weekend goals are to have the tables organized into the following:
- Sewing station – My machine is currently stored under the table. I’d like to have room on the top for it.
- Paper station – Complete with the cutter and mats for paper projects.
- Letterpress station – We have to move our 60lb press back and forth on the table. I’d like something more permanent for it.
- Computer station – I just need a simple space kept clear for my laptop and various cords.
Wish me luck!
Image Credit: Pottery Barn